Join us for a fantastic wildlife photography experience, centred at !Xaus Lodge
Lead by renowed wildlife photographer Hannes Lochner, he takes a a maximum of 6 photographers per safari. Hannes Lochner’s photography speaks for itself. View his portfolio here
• Only 6 photographers per safari (groups may be expanded on request).
• Practical workshops for all skill levels.
• Top game viewing and wildlife photography opportunities.
• Open 4×4 vehicles with professional guide.(If not own vehicle)
• Customised tours possible.
Email Hannes for more information or phone+27 (0)82 482 3967 (11am-3pm)
[tab name='Course content']
• Know your subject
• Know your equipment
• Focus on the eyes
• Know what you want the image to say. Tell a story? Does the photo have ‘Feeling’?
• Composition: Rule of thirds
• Use a flash: during the day and night!
• Watch the light. What time is good for photography?
• There’s more to wildlife photography than lions. “The little things!”
• Patience and perseverance
• Get the shot perfect in the field (without Photoshop)!
• Mastering birds in flight
• Shooting your camera in manual
[tab name='What to bring']
• Personal Toiletries
• Warm clothing for winter and cool clothing for summer
• Swimming gear (in summer)
• Personal medication
• Large hat or cap
• Insect repellant
[tab name='Camera equipment']
• Any digital SLR & any wideangle lens
• Telephoto lens of at least 300mm
• Extra batteries for camera
• Car charger for batteries(220V-12v)
[tab name='What we provide']
• Professional wildlife photographer Hannes Lochner
• All meals
• Chalets (2 people per chalet) with linen and towels
• Practical workshops for all skill levels
• Top game viewing and fantastic wildlife photography opportunities
• Open safari vehicle with guide & professional wildlife photographer
Accommodation and meals at !Xaus Lodge: R 14,995.00 per person for four nights- 2 people per room (Please let me know if you need a room by yourself: single rooms will be charged extra)